Arduino GSM/GPRS Shield
* Quad-Band 850 / 900/ 1800 / 1900 MHz - would work on GSM networks in all countries across the world.
* GPRS multi-slot class 10/8
* GPRS mobile station class B
* Compliant to GSM phase 2/2+
* Class 4 (2 W @ 850 / 900 MHz)
* Class 1 (1 W @ 1800 / 1900MHz)
* Control via AT commands - Standard Commands: GSM 07.07 & 07.05 | Enhanced Commands: SIMCOM AT Commands.
* Short Message Service - so that you can send small amounts of data over the network (ASCII or raw hexadecimal).
* Embedded TCP/UDP stack - allows you to upload data to a web server.
* RTC supported.
* Selectable serial port.
* Speaker and Headphone jacks
* Low power consumption - 1.5mA(sleep mode)
* Industrial Temperature Range - -40°C to +85 °C
* M2M (Machine 2 Machine) Applicatoions.
* Remote control of appliances.
* Remote Weather station or a Wireless Sensor Network.
* Vehicle Tracking System with a GPS module.
* Make sure your SIM card is unlocked.
* The product is provided as is without an insulating enclosure. Please observe ESD precautions specially in dry (low humidity) weather.
* The factory default setting for the GPRS Shield UART is 19200 bps 8-N-1. (Can be changed using AT commands).
* Power select - select the power supply for GPRS shield(external power or 5v of arduino)
* Power jack - connected to external 4.8~5VDC power supply
* Antenna interface - connected to external antenna
* Serial port select - select either software serial port or hareware serial port to be connected to GPRS Shield
* Hardware Serial - D0/D1 of Arduino
* Software serial - D7/D8 of Arduino
* Status LED - tell whether the power of SIM900 is on
* Net light - tell the status about SIM900 linking to the net
* UART of SIM900 - UART pins breakout of SIM900
* Microphone - to answer the phone call
* Speaker - to answer the phone call
* GPIO,PWM and ADC of SIM900 - GPIO,PWM and ADC pins breakout of SIM900
* Power key - power up and down for SIM900
* Pins usage on Arduino
* D0 - Unused if you select software serial port to communicate with GPRS Shield
* D1 - Unused if you select software serial port to communicate with GPRS Shield
* D2 - Unused
* D3 - Unused
* D4 - Unused
* D5 - Unused
* D6 - Unused
* D7 - Used if you select software serial port to communicate with GPRS Shield
* D8 - Used if you select software serial port to communicate with GPRS Shield
* D9 - Used for software control the power up or down of the SIM900
* D10 - Unused
* D11 - Unused
* D12 - Unused
* D13 - Unused
* D14(A0) - Unused
* D15(A1) - Unused
* D16(A2) - Unused
* D17(A3) - Unused
* D18(A4) - Unused
* D19(A5) - Unused
*Note: A4 and A5 are connected to the I2C pins on the SIM900. The SIM900 however cannot be accessed via the I2C .