High Current DC Motor Drive - 43A
This DC motor drive was developed for the need of high current. It can be either installed on robotic chassis or on devices requiring high power for industrial use.
This module uses BTS7960 IC, which is a fully integrated high current half bridge for motor drive applications. It is part of the NovalithICTM family containing one p-channel highside MOSFET and one n-channel lowside MOSFET with an integrated driver IC in one package. Due to the p-channel highside switch the need for a charge pump is eliminated thus minimizing EMI. Interfacing to a micro controller is made easy by the integrated driver IC which features logic level inputs, diagnosis with current sense, slew rate adjustment, dead time generation and protection against overtemperature, overvoltage, undervoltage, overcurrent and short circuit. The BTS 7960 provides a cost optimized solution for protected high current PWM motor drives with very low board space consumption.
• Path resistance of typ. 16 mΩ @ 25 °C
• Low quiescent current of typ. 7 μA @ 25 °C
• PWM capability of up to 25 kHz combined with active freewheeling
• Switched mode current limitation for reduced power dissipation in overcurrent
• Current limitation level of 43 A typ.
• Status flag diagnosis with current sense capability
• Over temperature shut down with latch behavior
• Over voltage lock out
• Under voltage shut down
• Driver circuit with logic level inputs
• Adjustable slew rates for optimized EMI
Module Special Charactors:
* High current by 43A;
* MCU 5v isolation;
* Motor dual direction rotation;
* Over current and over heat warning;
* Share with MCU input voltage by 5v;
* Voltage range: 5 ~27VDC.