OV5647 Camera Module - 5 Megapixel
Based on OV5647 , this module is made for taking very high resolution video. Hobbyists install it on a robotic chassis and control using a wireless system.
The OV5647 is a 5-megapixel CMOS image sensor built on OmniVision's proprietary 1.4-micron OmniBSI™ backside illumination pixel architecture. The OV5647 delivers 5-megapixel photography in addition to high frame rate of 720p/60 and 1080p/30 high-definition (HD) video capture.
The 720p/60 HD video is captured in full field of view (FOV) with 2x2 binning to double the sensitivity and improve signal-to-noise ratio (SNR). The post binning re-sampling filter helps minimize spatial and aliasing artifacts to provide superior image quality.
The low power OV5647 supports a digital video parallel port or high-speed two-lane MIPI interface, and provides full-frame, windowed or binned 10-bit images in RAW RGB format. It offers all required automatic image control functions, including automatic exposure control, automatic white balance, automatic band filter, automatic 50/60 Hz luminance detection, and automatic black level calibration.
* 1.4µm x 1.4µm pixel with OmniBSI technology for high performance (high sensitivity, low cross-talk, low noise)
* Optical size of 1/4"
* Automatic image control functions:
- Automatic exposure control (AEC)
- Automatic white balance (AWB)
- Automatic band filter (ABF)
- Automatic 50/60 Hz luminance detection
- Automatic black level calibration (ABLC)
* Programmable controls for:
- Frame rate
- AEC/AGC 16-zone size/position/weight control
- Mirror and flip
* Image quality controls:
- Lens correction
- Defective pixel canceling
* Support for output formats:
- 8-/10-bit RAW RGB data
* Support for video or snapshot operations
* Support for LED and flash strobe mode
* Support for internal and external frame synchronization for frame exposure mode
* Support for 2x2 binning for better SNR in low light conditions
* Post binning re-sampling filter to minimize spatial/aliasing artifacts on 2x2 binned image
* Support for horizontal and vertical sub-sampling
* Standard serial SCCB interface
* Digital video port (DVP) parallel output interface