Plastic Double Stage Spur Gear M: 0.5 Teeth: 16~34
About Plastic Gears
A gear is a toothed wheel designed to transmit force to another gear or toothed component. The teeth of a gear can be shaped to minimize wear, vibration and noise, and to maximize the efficiency of power transmission.
Gears of differing size are often used in pairs for a mechanical advantage, allowing the torque of the driving gear to produce a larger torque in the driven gear at lower speed, or a smaller torque at higher speed.
The Advantages of Plastic Gears:
1. Plastic gears are easily molded into various shapes so they have wider range of configuration.
2. Plastic gears are less expensive and are lighter in weight.
3. Plastic gears are chemical and corrosion resistant.
4. Plastic gears have quieter and smoother operation and offer more efficient drive geometry.
5. Plastic gears inherently self lubricating.
While plastic gears offer these many advantages over metal gears, their effective use requires proper design and engineering to account for possible dimensional and property variations over the expected range of operating conditions.